What does volunteering entail?
There are many ways you can volunteer with us and help the First Aid Squad and residents of Oceanport. It is easily explained by dividing the work into the two categories listed below.
Requirements to becoming a member
All applicants must:
- Be a resident of Oceanport or any contiguous town (Little Silver, West Long Branch, Eatontown, Monmouth Beach, or Long Branch).
- Be of at least 18 years of age.
- Possess a valid CPR card (if applying for active membership).
Benefits of Becoming a Volunteer First Aider
- Exemption for municipality fees* including building permits, recreational program, and more. * Refer to borough code §103-2 - http://ecode360.com/11274260
- Length of Service Award Program (LOSAP) - an annual contribution to a deferred-income account for each member in good standing.
- Free EMT training for members in good standing.
- Discounted auto insurance rates for members who complete training to drive the ambulances.
- Several benefits through the New Jersey First Aid Council. See the link for full details: http://www.njsfac.org/benefits.shtml
- The ability to gain knowledge and experience with mitigating crises, leadership, and working as a team.
- A volunteer opportunity that may be beneficial to your professional resume.
- The ability to give back to the community of Oceanport by helping those in need.
- And much, much more!!
Please download the link to the left to view a
brochure outlining just a few of the many
benefits of volunteering with us.
Ready to sign up now?
Are you ready to join the ranks of the Oceanport First Aid Squad and answer the call to help your fellow residents? By clicking the link below you will be able to download our membership application. Please fill it out to the best of your abilities and attach it to an email addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also mail or drop off the application to: 2 Pemberton Avenue Oceanport, NJ 07757. We will review it and then contact you to set up an interview. Once again, thank you for your interest and we look forward to working with you.
Are you under 18 years of age?
Do not fret, we still have opportunities for you. We have partnered with the West Long Branch First Aid Squad to form a joint cadet program for the sending Shore Regional High School districts. High school students interested in the fields of medicine or emergency services will be able to join their classmates and learn from some of our experienced EMTs who will train them in basic first aid and get them prepared to move onto higher learning as EMTs, nurses, etc. If you or your child are interested in this program, please contact us at email@example.com and we will get you information on joining as a cadet.